Aloca Cancellation and Refund Policy
Each Booking represents a Host’s commitment to make a Location available to a User. When Users cancel Bookings, the Host’s ability to book that Space during that time becomes increasingly difficult because other interested Users may have already made other plans. When Hosts cancel Bookings, Users’ Events and plans can be severely impacted and may require intensive logistical support from Aloca. Nevertheless, plans may change, requiring Users or Hosts to cancel Bookings on occasion.
All Bookings are subject to a “Grace Period” in which a full refund is provided for Bookings cancelled within 24 hours from receipt of a Booking Confirmation but no later than 48 hours prior to the Event start time.
Users may cancel their Booking until 7 days before the Event start time and will receive a full refund of their Booking Price less our Admin Fee.
Users may cancel their Booking between 7 days and 48 hours before the Event start time and receive a 50% refund of their Booking Price.
Booking cancellations submitted less than 48 hours before the Event start time are non-refundable.
If in agreement with the Host and Aloca, the Booking can be rescheduled without penalty.
Any Host initiated cancellations will be fully refunded to the User (including any Fees paid).
Hosts that cancel their Booking more than 7 days before the Event start time will receive a 10% penalty of the Booking fee, payable to Aloca from income generated by the Hosts next Booking.
Hosts that cancel their Booking between 7 days and 48 hours before the Event start time will receive a 50% penalty of the Booking fee, payable to Aloca from income generated by the Hosts next Booking.
Hosts that cancel their Booking 48 hours before the Event start time be required to be the full amount of the Booking to Aloca, from income generated by the Hosts next Booking.
If the penalty amount is more than the next Booking total, the deduction will be required to be spread over multiple Bookings.
Please note, Host cancellations can cause significant inconvenience for our Users, who have likely organised vendors for the Event. Rescheduling the Booking is possible to avoid penalty fees, however, this is only allowable upon agreement with Aloca and the User.
Aloca may decide, in its sole discretion, that it is necessary or appropriate to cancel a confirmed Booking. Aloca may cancel a Booking at any time prior to the Event start time. When Aloca initiates a cancellation, any refunds or payouts will vary depending on the circumstances that prompted the cancellation.
Aloca may allow a Host or user to cancel a confirmed Booking due to extenuating circumstances. Aloca may require users or Hosts to provide evidence to support an Excused Cancellation. Where approved, Fees will be refunded in full less all Administration Fees. Circumstances that may be considered grounds for an Excused Cancellation include, but are not limited to:
- Unexpected death or serious illness of a Host, User, or immediate family member of either;
- Serious injury that directly restricts a User’s ability to travel or a Host’s ability to provide the Booked Space;
- Significant natural disasters or severe weather incidents triggering a state of emergency that directly impact use of a Space;
- Urgent travel restrictions or prohibitions, or severe security advisories issued after the time of Booking, by an appropriate advisory body;
- Severe property damage or unforeseen maintenance issues that directly impact the safe use of the Space; or
- Legal, municipality, or utility injunction or order that directly restricts use of or access to a Space.
- Complications caused by COVID-19 pandemic
Bookings may be rescheduled by either Hosts or Users if agreed upon by Aloca, the Host & User. Rescheduling may result in additional Administration Fees. Rescheduled bookings must be:
- For the same or more duration as the original Booking, according to the Host’s approval;
- Confirmed prior to the original Start Time;
- Rescheduled for a time within 90 days of the original Start Time; and
- Only rescheduled once
Last Updated: 23/09/2021